If you have guests to impress, look no further. This will knock their socks off.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 lbs Lamb, leg or tenderloin (Trimmed and cut into 1" cubes)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 each Sheets of Frozen Puff Pastry (Defrosted)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 6 oz Mushrooms (Minced)
- 1 each Small Onion (Minced)
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (Chopped)
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 each Egg (Lightly beaten)
- pinch Kosher salt
- pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and sear all over, until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and clean skillet.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in rosemary and remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a large square, about 1/8″-thick. Cut each into 16 squares. Place one piece of meat onto each square and dollop with about a teaspoon of mustard. Top the meat with about a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture. Fold pastry edges over the meat and pinch to seal. Place on baking sheets and brush with egg wash. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden-brown.