Great for ball games, snacks or late night movies. Hearty lamb pies that are so good you can't eat just one!
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb Ground Lamb
- 1 cup Fresh/Frozen Peas
- 1 each Small Onion
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- pinch Salt
- pinch Black Pepper
- 25 each 8" Square Spring Roll Wrappers
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tsp Water
- On low heat in a pan, sauté the onions in the olive oil until it is translucent.
- Add in the curry powder, smoked paprika into the sautéing onions and allow to toast lightly for 2- 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add in the ground lamb and continue to stir, turning up the heat to medium.
- Once the meat is no longer pink, add in the peas and cook for 10 minutes.
- Taste the meat and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Allow the filling to cool completely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To assemble, simply cut the spring roll sheets in half to form rectangles, place about 1 tsp of the filling on the top of the dough, and add some of the shredded cheese fold into triangles.
- Seal the dough with the plain flour and water mixture as shown above.
- Bake in oven until crispy golden brown.