Lamb Pepper Loaves
Lamb pepper loaves are basically like mini meatloaf stuffed pepper sections, except way better! These are quick and easy and I haven’t had one complaint yet from anyone who has tried it. They will become a favorite for you as well. One time we were out of lamb, I know it was embarrassing, but it was a failure. Once you try this with lamb, regular ground beef will no flavor. Ground lamb for the win! I can tell my wife cooked these as the recipe calls for parchment paper and she is an aluminum foil person….. but even she couldn’t screw up this recipe!Print Pin
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 each bell peppers (We like red, yellow & orange)
- 1 lb West Fork Farms Ground Lamb
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 each egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 each onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves chopped
- 1 each garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- pinch salt to taste
- pinch ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut ends off peppers and finely chop (minus the stems), then set aside. Remove seeds and slice peppers into 2" thick rings; you should be able to get 2 rings out of each pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine beef with chopped peppers, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, thyme, garlic, and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Fill each pepper ring with meat loaf mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup and brown sugar and brush on tops of meat loaves. Bake for 35 minutes, then top with cheese, and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 2mg