Shipping and Delivery Information
USDA Inspected & Sealed For Freshness
Our Lamb meat is USDA inspected, vacuum sealed for freshness then frozen, and shipped in insulated, reusable coolers with gel packs or dry ice. The shipping cost includes reusable, insulated container and coolants. Contact us for info on sending them back for shop credit. We want to be as sustainable as possible and reusing the coolers and insulation makes that possible.
We will ship your order on Monday or Tuesday to ensure delivery before the weekend. We use FedEx or UPS depending upon your location. Be aware it is usually not possible to ship your order the same day it is received. If you need priority service please call us and confirm.
You will receive tracking information and delivery updates directly from the carrier so be certain your email address and phone number is correctly entered. Some or all of the shipping alerts may be directed to Outlook’s “clutter” or Gmails “promotional” box so check these locations if no information is received.
If you have questions on your order or missing an item please contact us by the next business day or as soon as possible at email@example.com .
West Fork Farms makes every attempt to ensure your product arrives in good condition. Your order leaves our facility packed in multiple layers of insulation with gel packs and or dry ice. Unforeseen weather conditions and holidays can force exceptions to delivery. Below are important shipping notes to keep in mind when placing your order.
- West Fork Farm is not responsible for incorrect or incomplete shipping addresses.
- All products ship frozen and will arrive frozen, partially thawed or chilled. Depending upon ambient temperature our products are packed to remain frozen for up to 3 days. This is to ensure unexpected shipping delays do not compromise the quality of our product.
- Inclement weather and other unforeseen circumstances can cause shipments to be delayed.
- West Fork Farm does its best to avoid shipment delays but is not responsible for delays caused by adverse or unpredictable weather conditions, Acts of God, and/or Fedex logistic issues.
- The billing customer is responsible to make sure the gift recipient is aware of the product and is available for delivery. Be sure to double check gift recipient’s addresses.
- FedEx/UPS will leave your order at your door with no signature required. If FedEx/UPS delivers but the package is stolen, you forget to put the meat directly in the refrigerator, freezer, or leave on vacation and the product sits and spoils, we cannot be responsible.
Your product is vacuum sealed and frozen to preserve quality and to provide a wholesome product. Depending on the season and the amount ordered your products may arrive frozen, slightly thawed or chilled. As long as the meat is cool to the touch (42 degrees F or below) you may cook or refreeze with confidence.
Refrigerate or freeze your order upon arrival. Refrigerated vacuum sealed meat products will hold for 1 week if properly refrigerated at 34 degrees F or lower. Once the vacuum seal is opened use the product within two to three days. If you will freeze your product, set your freezer as cold as possible–preferably under zero degrees F for the best results. Up to six months is the standard storage time for frozen meats.
For best results thaw in the sealed packaging overnight in your refrigerator. Leaving the meat in the original packaging during thawing preserves the flavor and natural juices. The meat can also be thawed in the original packaging in cold water. Keep the water cold by changing every 30 minutes until the meat is thawed. We do not recommend using a microwave to defrost meat.